I wrote this 12 years ago and refer back to it every four years!
- I’m thankful for a Sovereign God who is seated on the throne in the heavens and whose kingdom rules over all (Psalm 103:19).
- I’m thankful to know that He alone raises up and brings down leaders and rulers (Daniel 2:21).
- I’m thankful that He alone is great and worthy of all praise (Psalm 145:3), worthy as the Lamb who was slain to receive all power, wealth, wisdom, strength, honor, glory, and praise (Rev. 5:12).
- I’m thankful that He sets my feet on the Rock (Psalm 40:2) and keeps me secure.
- In Him, I have complete confidence and hope, and I have no cause for fear.
- He is my Rock, fortress, deliverer, strength, salvation, and shield (2 Samuel 22; Psalm 18).
- He will not forsake those who trust in Him (Psalm 9:10).