I wrote this 12 years ago and refer back to it every four years!
- I’m thankful for a Sovereign God who is seated on the throne in the heavens and whose kingdom rules over all (Psalm 103:19).
- I’m thankful to know that He alone raises up and brings down leaders and rulers (Daniel 2:21).
- I’m thankful that He alone is great and worthy of all praise (Psalm 145:3), worthy as the Lamb who was slain to receive all power, wealth, wisdom, strength, honor, glory, and praise (Rev. 5:12).
- I’m thankful that He sets my feet on the Rock (Psalm 40:2) and keeps me secure.
- In Him, I have complete confidence and hope, and I have no cause for fear.
- He is my Rock, fortress, deliverer, strength, salvation, and shield (2 Samuel 22; Psalm 18).
- He will not forsake those who trust in Him (Psalm 9:10).
I’m thankful that the Lord knows the outcome of tomorrow. He knows the beginning from the end, and He is not surprised. May His good and perfect will be done. Tonight is a good night to worship and praise Him!