I wrote this many years ago, but pull it out every four years to reflect upon again:
- I’m thankful for a Sovereign God who is seated on the throne in the heavens and whose kingdom rules over all (Psalm 103:19).
- I’m thankful to know that He alone raises up and brings down leaders and rulers (Daniel 2:21).
- I’m thankful that He alone is great and worthy of all praise (Psalm 145:3), worthy as the Lamb who was slain to receive all power, wealth, wisdom, strength, honor, glory, and praise (Rev. 5:12).
- I’m thankful that He sets my feet on the Rock (Psalm 40:2) and keeps me secure.
- In Him, I have complete confidence and hope, and I have no cause for fear.
- He is my Rock, fortress, deliverer, strength, salvation, and shield (2 Samuel 22; Psalm 18).
- He will not forsake those who trust in Him (Psalm 9:10).
May we be particularly prayerful during this political season. May we love those around us and pray for unity in our country. And may God’s good and perfect will be done.
(*Note: I haven’t watched much of either convention—just a few parts here and there, nothing today. This is in no way timed around any certain event or happening. Just a piece that came to mind tonight as I looked for something to post during my 30-day blogging challenge!)